Congratulations on your acceptance to SEBTS for January/Spring 2013!
Welcome new graduate students! We are glad that the Lord has led you to be a part of the Southeastern Seminary family. Please read the information below carefully and contact our office with any questions.
Been accepted, now what?
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- Spring Classes begin Monday, January 21
- Graduate New Student Orientation dates – Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18 (all days are required)
ATTEND AND RSVP FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION:
Orientation is for new students who are enrolling at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary for the springsemester. This event takes place on Thursday, January 17- Friday, January 18 and all days are mandatory for all new graduate students (please see Frequently Asked Questions for exemptions). There is a new student fee of $100.00, which must be paid when you RSVP. During NSO students will:
- receive pertinent information for starting school
- hear about policies and procedures
- make student ID’s
- meet for academic advisement
- register for classes
- make payments
- meet the faculty and staff
ALL students are required to RSVP:
- All students are required to RSVP (those who are required to attend as well as those who are not required to attend) please respond to whether you will be attending NSO or not.
- After filling out the online form (ticket) please print the confirmation page for your records. You will not need to show this at Orientation and will not be receiving a hard copy “ticket” but will want to keep it in case there are any problems.
- Deadline to RSVP is Friday, January 11th
Need other information? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (click on the hyperlink).
PRIOR TO ATTENDING ORIENTATION:
- Housing - Remember that if you are planning to live in campus housing, you will need to contact the Housing Office to make arrangements at 919.761.2400, email@example.com or visit the website. If you have not already submitted your housing application, you may begin the process by going to the Housing Office application portion of our website.
- Financial Aid – You may begin applying for financial assistance, please make sure to check out the website for time sensitive deadlines or contact the Financial Aid office at 919.761.2317.
- Employment – You may also check out employment opportunities once you are accepted to Southeastern by visiting the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 919.761.2365 for more information.
- CampusNet – Familiarize yourself with CampusNet, the student portal where you will find information on Moodle, Around Southeastern (the SEBTS campus blog), Student Life, helpful forms, and your Southeastern 1Card by clicking here.
- Distance Learning Students – Please contact the office at email@example.com or 1-866.816.0273 for more information on what to do next and how to sign up for classes.
- Certificate Students – Please contact the respective office on how to register and to receive more information regarding your certificate.
Please contact the Student Life Office with any questions at 919.761.2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you soon!